The Benefits and Drawbacks to Glasses
Today we’re kicking off a two-part series on the pros and cons of both glasses and contact lenses. There are pluses and minuses to both, but today I’ll be focusing solely on glasses.
- Depending on the glasses you purchase, they can be more affordable as they may not need to be replaced as often.
- Glasses have made a great comeback in recent years as a fun, stylish accessory. New, trendy frame styles abound.
- With glasses, you avoid an increased risk of dry eyes or eye infections.
- Glasses do have the dreaded “fogging” issue—made worse depending on the area you live in, especially colder climates.
- Peripheral vision may be an issue, as glasses sit further away from your eyes.
- While maintenance is easier, a scratched lens or unadjusted frame can make wearing glasses uncomfortable.
Check back next week to see what the good, the bad, and the ugly is when it comes to contact lenses! And share your own thoughts on the glasses versus contacts debate in the comments below.